Wednesday 4 November 2009

The British blame culture sucks. FACT!

Hi guys how goes it?

Today's rant is the blame culture or more aptly titled:- Do as we say, or your all dead!

Britain is well and truly screwed. There, said it. That has nothing to do with the subject in hand, but just felt like mentioning it.

We live in a country that when 25 years ago, if I fell over in the playground at school, would pick myself up, dust my knees down and go skipping off somewhere else to play. If required a plaster would be issued, and an ear-aching about how I had scuffed my shoes after only a week, and a patch onto my trousers, by my lovely mum.

Not in today's schools.

If my daughter falls over in the playground, she would get taken back into school, for a complete check-out by the school nurse, and a letter would be issued home with her, on council headed paper, stating what had taken place, what injury my daughter had not got, and what action to take should she get a slight head-ache. When asked about said accident, my precious daughter will merely reply with "I dunno, I fell over".

That shows you how far the blame culture has fed fear and paranoia in this country. I mean, its just getting ridiculously out of hand.

If you trip over a paving slab on the street, you can sue your local authorities for thousands of pounds. Never mind the fact you were too busy texting on your mobile to look where you were going. When was the last time you saw a dog catch its heel in a drain, or trip over a man-hole cover?
Me neither.

Its all beyond me. And I blame American culture namely for it. First person to successfully sue me for that, wins a complimentary fiver for irony beyond the call of duty.

This is all the reason why Britain is an overweight oaf. Because children are stuck at home behind their Xboxes and PS I love yous (sorry 3's). Its not because they don't want to go out, its just that they have nowhere to go safely. They cannot go to the paddling pool in the park, because its got no water in, in July, in case a child drowns. The swings are tied up by Parky, in case Chelsea falls off and fractures their skull. The see-saw is done in, in case anyone hurts their baby making bits.

Oh please.

Switch on the TV anytime of day, and be subjected to the cackest of adverts:-
"Injury Lawyers for you. Have you had an accident while at work or in the street in the last 3 years?
Betty was walking across the office when she tripped over a stack of paper. She won £7200.00
John was kicking the shit out of the waste-paper basket out of frustration with his boss, and broke his toe. He won £3800.00"
And so it could go on.
And the advert was presented by the bent DS Beech off The Bill.

Seriously, it feels like somebody could sue you for com-pen-say-shun for simply breathing at the wrong time, for theft of air-space.

The American culture joke of "It didn't get delivered on time, so sue me" has been badly lost in translation, and Britain has taken it literally.

You can claim compensation if a delivery van fails to deliver on time. The fact you only ordered it at tea-time the day before doesn't matter.
If blame can be apportioned somewhere, there's money in it.

I heard a tale of a guy who was a bit strapped for cash, so he snuck out under cover of darkness, to dis-lodge a paving slab from the pavement. He then whacked himself with a hammer in the knee-cap, to effect an injury and successfully sued his council for a fortune. He only got caught out, after bragging in his local, and the bar-tender dropped him in it. This may be the reason why most pavements are tarmacked not tiled now.The councils cannot afford the risk.

Somebody tried to sue a council when their car skidded into a tree on black ice. Fortunately common sense prevailed and the guy was told in no uncertain terms to sod off. How the bloody hell is black ice, anybodies fault. And on a country road as well. A motorway would be understandable. Get off your arse and walk comes to mind as well.

I think you will see my point here. Its not about apportioning blame. Its about how shallow Britain has become. Where theres an accident, theres money to be made.

I'm off now to clean my daughters knee up, apply a plaster to it, and send a strongly worded letter to my local council, about how they have failed my child's care miserably, and owe me enough in com-pen-say-shun, to pay off my mortgage.

Mind how you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment